Due to expansion Cherish Able Care have several vacancies for Field Supervisors to provide support to our care staff and service users. We are looking for experienced, passionate, trustworthy, reliable and caring individuals who would like to progress their career to the next level to Join our North & East Bristol teams. Excellent pay.
Key Skills & Attributes:
- People with genuine interest in care and supporting others
- Previous experience as a field supervisor in a similar setting
- QCF level 3 or willing to work towards
- Not less than 2 years in similar role
- Must be professional, passionate, friendly, reliable, trustworthy with attention to details
- Good leadership and organisational skills to assist with the day to day operations of the home care service and its multi-disciplinary service activities.
- Excellent IT skills MS office suit, Carefree and CM2000 for rostering and monitoring
- Be able to deliver excellent care and support to our service users
- Willingness to learn and develop with the organisation
- Good communication skills listening, verbal and written.
- Available to work alternate weekends
- To undertake on- call duties in line with the organisations needs
- To provide a direct line management for a team of care/support workers, senior care workers.
- Participating as required in the multi – disciplinary assessment of service user needs, planning service user care and ongoing review meetings.
- Be able to define change in care needs based upon identification of specific problem, and take necessary actions, monitor and review as appropriate
- Liaise with external organisations, service users and their family in respect of developing a package of care that is efficient, effective and safe for the service user.
- Carry out regular audit on SDP to ensure the content are accurate and relevant to the needs of the service user.
- Arrange and attend weekly meetings with all our live-in care workers, any concerns reported to the registered manager documented and addressed swiftly
- Ensure all service user records are collected and are accurately logged, reviewed any matters dealt with and are safely and securely stored for references.
- Reporting to the Registered manager on a regular basis on activities levels and outcomes for service users.
- Dealing with all complaints, accidents, incidents and untoward events, document and provide written reports in accordance with cherish able care policies and procedures
- Working closely with all staff to ensure that the aims and objectives, policies and procedures are implemented, adhered to and evaluated regularly for the safe running of the service.
- Ensure that the day to day services are operated in accordance with cherish able care’s policies, procedures and the health and safety legislation.
- Assisting with recruitment training and ongoing staff development process to include staff spot checks and supervision.
- To represent cherish able care in external and internal meetings
- Drivers Licence and access to own transport is essential
What you will get in return:
- Excellent Pay
- Paid Holiday & Company Pension
- Set pattern of work
- Full and ongoing training, career development including access to QCF Level 3
- Free Uniform and PPE’s provided
- Full support from Management
If this sounds like you, we would like to hear from you.
Please complete form below if you are interested in this position, and the team will be in contact as soon as possible
Please complete form below if you are interested in this position and a member of the team will contact you.